Institute for Metal Physics,
Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv (Ukraine)
PhD in Solid State Physics
Institute of Magnetism,
National Academy of Sciences and Ministry of Education of Ukraine, Kyiv (Ukraine)
Senior Research Fellow
Institute for Metal Physics, Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv (Ukraine)
Research Fellow, from 2002 Lecturer (Privat-Dozent)
Institute for Theoretical Physics, University of Hannover , Hannover (Germany)
Dr. habil. in Physics
University of Hannover , Hannover (Germany)
D.Sc. in Physics
Institute of magnetism, Kyiv (Ukraine)
Department of Physics, Harvard University
Institute for Theoretical Physics C, RWTH Aachen University (Germany)
Taras Shevchenko national University of Kyiv, Kyiv (Ukraine)
Leading Research Fellow (part-time)
Institute of Magnetism, National Academy of Sciences and Ministry of Education of Ukraine, Kyiv (Ukraine)
Professor, Institute of High Technologies
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv (Ukraine)
PI in the joint project "Low-dimensional magnets in strong magnetic fields", Volkswagen Foundation (Volkswagen-Stiftung)
Heisenberg Fellowship from German Research Foundation (DFG)
State Prize of Ukraine in Science and Technology
Previous and Current Research
- low-dimensional quantum magnets:
- quantum phase transitions caused by competing interactions (frustration, anisotropy, 3D coupling, ring exchange, etc.)
- exotic states in quantum magnets (effects of deconfined criticality, broken chiral or time reversal symmetry, spin nematics, topological order)
- quantum magnets in high magnetic fields: excitation spectra, effective field-theoretical description, role of impurities
- cold atoms in optical lattices:
- multicomponent Bose gases, spinor Bose condensates, polar fermions in optical lattices
- matrix product (MP) states in one-dimensional spin systems
- general construction of MP states with controlled quantum numbers
- MP-solvable models of spin chains and ladders
- quantum tunneling in mesoscopic magnetic systems:
- tunneling in topological textures
- influence of external field and of the Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction
- solitons in one- and two-dimensional spin and lattice systems:
- soliton diffusion;
- soliton contribution into thermodynamic quantities and response functions;
- solitons with internal degrees of freedom;
- models of polytypism
Methodological and Technical Expertise
Field-theoretical methods in condensed matter.
B.A.Ivanov and A.K.Kolezhuk.
Quantum tunneling of magnetization in a small-area domain wall.
JETP Letters, 60(11), 805-808 (1994)
Kolezhuk A.K., Mikeska H.-J.
Non-Haldane spin liquid models with exact ground states
Phys. Rev. Lett. vol.80(12), p.2709-2712 (1998)
Kolezhuk A.K., Vekua T.
Field-induced chiral phase in isotropic frustrated spin chains
Phys. Rev. B vol.72, 094424 (2005)
Kolezhuk A.K.,Sachdev S, Biswas R.R., Chen P.
Theory of quantum impurities in spin liquids
Phys. Rev. B, vol.74, 165114 (2006)
Mikeska H.-J, Kolezhuk A.K.
Lecture Notes in Physics vol.645, pp.1-83 (2004).